Cobalt showcases a wide variety of events from storytelling, theater and puppetry festivals to art, film, live music and DJ nights. We programme many events ourselves and collaborate with or host other organisations that compliment the ambitions for the project and space. Our venue is in its infancy; an evolving programme that will be shaped by your interest and feedback!
We have a fully licensed bar and kitchen with a wood fired oven where we often make food to sell at events so please check event info for menus.
Some key program strands in our diary are:
- The Cobalt Seasonals - simply called Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter – 4 very special hands on, high colour parties a year blending art, performance, film, live music and DJ’s. Part art, part gig, part club night – always a party. All ticket money goes directly to artists and musicians.
- Brickhouse – a club night bringing you some of the quirkiest 4 beat masters we can find.
- Seehear - our program of audio visual performers and performances.
- Newfolk - exactly what is says on the tin.
- Film club - featuring films curated by theme, 'Process', 'Fact', 'Dance'.
- Dub Sundays - Sunday funday, a celebration of the 7th day, a denial that Monday is coming, a grown up youth club for the lost and found and for those that simply want to hide away from the day and get cosy . Papers, magazines, board games, ping pong, a people’s you tube session, films and a little live music, a masseur for sore heads. And of course lots of dub, reggae, roots and other music.
- Dishy – Supper Clubs at Cobalt.
We also take part in some of the key cultural events in the Newcastle calendar including The Ouseburn Open Studios (last weekend in Nov), The Late Shows and Evo Emerging, among others.